- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
Hanwha Techwin has added 24 H.265 models to its Wisenet Q camera series. These include 2 and 5 megapixel bullet cameras, domes and vandal resistant domes. A user can choose from models with fixed or motorised varifocal lenses. All are true day/night (ICR) cameras and feature Lens Distortion Correction (LDC). They also provide Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) that performs at up to 120dB to produce clear images from scenes containing a mix of bright and dark areas which normally results in overexposed or underexposed images. The 5 megapixel models are new to the Wisenet Q series, whilst the 2 megapixel bullet cameras and domes supersede older models.
Uri Guterman, Head of Product and Marketing for Hanwha Techwin Europe said: “Despite being keenly priced, there has been no compromise on the build quality or the feature sets of these new Wisenet Q cameras. Even IR illumination is provided as standard. The introduction of these models follows on from the recent launch of our Wisenet Q mini domes which are 40 per cent smaller than previous models. The launch of so many cameras in a relatively short space of time is further proof that we are able to respond quickly and positively to ever changing market requirements.”
The 24 new models have as standard Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), such as defocus and tampering detection, as well as directional, intrusion, motion and enter/exit detection, whilst a new open platform chipset also provides the opportunity for some third party applications to run onboard the cameras. All 24 support multiple streaming with the choice of H.265, H.264 or MJPEG compression. They use WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which controls encoding, balancing quality and compression, according to movement in the image. Bandwidth efficiency is improved by up to 99 per cent it is claimed, compared to current H.264 when WiseStream II is combined with H.265 compression.
• Hallway View which provides a highly effective way to monitor narrow vertical areas such as shopping aisles and corridors. It enables cameras, which can generate images in the 9:16 and 3:4 aspect ratios, to work effectively in tall and narrow spaces. The MicroSD/SDHC/SDXC memory slot allows up to 128GB of video or data to be stored at the edge.
• Power over Ethernet (PoE) support which negates the need to install separate power supplies and cabling for each dome.
• Compliant with ONVIF, the global standardisation initiative for IP-based physical security products which seeks to improve the inter-operability of manufacturers’ devices operating simultaneously as part of a single system.
The new 2MP Wisenet Q models are:
– Wisenet QND-6012R IR dome camera with fixed 2.8mm lens
– Wisenet QND-6022R IR dome camera with fixed 4.0mm lens
– Wisenet QND-6032R IR dome camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QND-6082R IR dome camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens
– Wisenet QNV-6012R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 2.8mm; pictured
– Wisenet QNV-6022R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 4.0mm
– Wisenet QNV-6032R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QNV-6082R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens
– Wisenet QNO-6012R IR bullet camera with 2.8mm
– Wisenet QNO-6022R IR bullet camera with 4.0mm
– Wisenet QNO-6032R IR bullet camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QNO-6082R IR bullet camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens
And the new 5MP Wisenet Q models are:
– Wisenet QND-8010R IR dome camera with 2.8mm
– Wisenet QND-8020R IR dome camera with 4.0mm
– Wisenet QND-8030R IR dome camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QND-8080R IR dome camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens
– Wisenet QNV-8010R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 2.8mm
– Wisenet QNV-8020R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 4.0mm
– Wisenet QNV-8030R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QNV-8080R Vandal resistant IR dome camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens
– Wisenet QNO-8010R IR bullet camera with 2.8mm
– Wisenet QNO-8020R IR bullet camera with 4.0mm
– Wisenet QNO-8030R IR bullet camera with 6.0mm
– Wisenet QNO-8080R IR bullet camera with 3.1x motorised varifocal lens.