- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
Hanwha Techwin has added two Thermal Positioning cameras to its Wisenet T range. The Wisenet TNU-4041T and TNU-4051T cameras, which are able to capture images at up to 640 x 480 resolution, are for detection of objects and people in difficult conditions such as through smoke, snow, heavy rain and fog, which traditional video surveillance cameras may not be able to do. They also offer a solution for projects at places with light pollution.
With a pan speed of 120 degrees per second and a ground-to-sky view of minus 90 degrees to 40 degrees, the products provide the makers say a solution for monitoring wide open areas. Both models, which have a robust aluminium die cast exterior, have a true day/night (ICR) camera and can be programmed to endlessly pan 360 degrees. An operators can select from up to 255 pre-set positions, which can be scheduled.
The TNU-4041T comes with a 19mm lens and has a maximum range of 1,714m for vehicle detection; while the TNU-4051T, has a 35mm lens and a maximum range of 3,157m. Both cameras are able to monitor areas, such construction sites and oil, gas and chemical facilities, which have a temperature range of between minus 50 degrees C ~ plus 130 degrees C.
– Built-in Gyro sensors which offer stabilisation that come into effect when a camera is disturbed by wind or vibrations, resulting in more stable images.
– A Hallway View feature provides a way to monitor narrow vertical areas such as corridors, tunnels and aisles, with the bonus of minimising bandwidth and video storage requirements.
– Analytics: The TNU-4041T and TNU-4051T come with audio analysis which recognise critical sounds such as gunshots, explosions, screams and broken glass. Other features include temperature change, shock, object/people direction, loitering and camera tampering detection.
– WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which dynamically controls encoding, balancing quality and compression, according to movement in the image. Bandwidth efficiency is improved by up to 99 per cent it is claimed compared to current H.264 technology when WiseStream II is combined with H.265 compression.
– Support for H.264 and MJPEG compression and with an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory slot to ensure video is automatically recorded in the event of network disruption.