- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
Hanwha Techwin has added five compact H.265 dome cameras to the Wisenet X camera series. They’re designed for places where there may be limited space, such as in lifts, entrance lobbies, stair wells and small shops. Three of the new models are built to withstand vibrations which may occur in transport uses.
These latest additions to the Wisenet X range, which are all vandal-resistant, are able to capture 2MP high definition images. The developers add that they contain the most powerful DSP chipset ever in a full camera range and come with 150dB Wide Dynamic Range (WDR).
Features include audio analysis which recognises critical sounds such as gunshots, explosions, screams and broken glass; detection for defocus, face, fog, virtual line, appear/disappear, loitering and camera tampering. The products have 24x digital PTZ, bi-directional audio, ‘Hallway View’, motion detection and handover; and can store up to 256GB of data via an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory slot for video to be automatically recorded in the event of network disruption.
As with other cameras in the open platform X series, the new models use H.265 compression and WiseStream II, a complementary compression technology which controls encoding, balancing quality and compression according to movement in the image. Bandwidth efficiency is improved by up to 99 per cent it is claimed compared to the H.264 method when WiseStream II is combined with H.265 compression.
The new compact cameras are:
• XNV-6012: Vandal-resistant 2MP network flat camera. Built-in 2.4mm fixed lens
• XNV-6012M: Vibration and vandal-resistant 2MP network flat camera. Built-in 2.4mm fixed lens
• XNV-6013M: Vibration and vandal-resistant 2MP network camera. Built-in 2.8mm fixed lens
• XNV-6022R: Vandal-resistant network 2MP IR flat camera. Built-in 3.6mm fixed lens
• XNV-6022RM: Vibration and vandal-resistant network 2MP IR flat camera. Built-in 3.6mm fixed lens.