- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
The physical access control market is moving, fast. To ensure the safety and security of employees and assets, businesses must ensure they are not left behind when it comes to their technology choice that allows occupants to physically move in, out and around their sites. More efficient, secure and integrated solutions now take advantage of mobile technology, and form a crucial piece of the ‘smart building puzzle’.
IFSEC Global has produced its latest trend report on the state of physical access control in EMEA businesses. The report, sponsored and put together with access control specialist, HID Global, reveals the thoughts and opinions of security and facility managers and directors throughout EMEA.
The findings include:
– While the uptake of real-time location services is still relatively low (only 5pc utilise such technology), organisations are beginning to consider the numerous benefits they can bring, especially in emergency situations
– 60 per cent of end-users plan to upgrade their access control solution in the next few years
– Organisations believe that improving user convenience is the most important reason to upgrade
– The use of mobile access technology is set to become a major force in the future marketplace
You can download the report free from the IFSEC Global website.
Written from the focused responses of over 150 end-users at the front-end of their operations, analysis also comes from experts in the sector at HID Global. Respondents work in across a range of industries, including government, education, real estate, telecommunications, banking and healthcare. Ultimately, it asks whether the industry is receptive to the security and ‘ease of use’ benefits of more integrated, IP-based and mobile friendly access control solutions. What are the common challenges faced? What solutions may help to overcome these? And where do end-users ultimately see the benefits of future technologies?
Topics covered include:
– The current state of physical access control in EMEA businesses
– Access control upgrade plans: when, what and why?
– Requirements for future upgrades: challenges and requirements
– The benefits of upgrading for businesses – what can a more evolved system bring to your security management system?
– Evolving trends set to shape the physical access control industry: the move to mobile, greater integration and smart buildings.
IFSEC Global and HID Global would like to thank all those who contributed to the report’s findings. Visit https://www.ifsecglobal.com/resources/state-of-physical-access-control-2020-report/.