- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
Architects and town planners can now request a RIBA Approved professional development session on crime prevention and designing out crime from Secured by Design, the UK police crime prevention scheme.
Secured by Design, which operates across a range of building sectors – residential, education, health, transport, commercial, retail, sport and leisure – promotes security standards for applications and products. These principles have been proven to reduce crime risk, SbD reports, by combining standards of physical security and principles of crime prevention through environmental design.
This CPD explores the Secured by Design scheme. Topics covered include previous development projects, terminology and how to find certified products that have achieved police preferred specification. Delegates can understand:
– the relevant legislation, policy and guidance;
– property crime trends;
– why crime occurs;
– Secured by Design as a proven police scheme which reduces crime and creates safer communities;
– Secured by Design as more current than ADQ and other documents referencing security and safer communities;
– how an open, welcoming and safe environment can be achieved by incorporating crime prevention design into the layout and landscaping of the immediate surroundings in subtle ways barely noticeable to residents or visitors;
– how developments that meet the Secured by Design award are more sustainable; and
– how Secured by Design keeps parallel with current crime trends and methods.
Due to COVID-19, SbD can offer this presentation as a webinar via Microsoft Teams.
To request a presentation contact: [email protected]