- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security
PerpetuityARC Training, part of Linx International Group, reports that its Advanced Investigation Techniques course has attained IQ Level 5 accreditation. The five-day classroom course is aimed at security and HR, general managers and people in compliance and audit roles. It covers what’s necessary to conduct effective, legally compliant investigations.
The trainers suggest it’s for those working in the private sector who have completed the Workplace Investigations and Interviewing course (BTEC Level 4) or already have experience of workplace investigations and interviews. Covered are: ethics, principles and policy of investigation; incident scene management and evidence recovery; and human factors including interview skills, problem solving and report preparation. Specifics include:
· Roles and responsibilities of the advanced investigator
· Integrity policies and ‘whistleblowing’ considerations
· Transparency versus confidentiality
· Investigation structure, accountability and reporting lines
· Disclosure issues
· Key legislation
· Vital forensic principles
· Cyber issues
· Early liaison with legal and judiciary advisors
· The importance of research
· Types and characteristics of witnesses
· Identification and recognition of coping strategies
· Personal resilience, patience and focus
· Welfare and support
The awarding body is Industry Qualifications (IQ). Sarah Hayward-Turton, Head of Sales at Linx International Group, states: “We are proud that this important and extremely relevant course has the deserved prestige of IQ Level 5 accreditation.
“When conducting a workplace investigation, adherence to due process and attention to detail is everything. This course gives those responsible the guidance, skills and confidence to take control and handle the investigation correctly, fairly and consistently.”
The next course is from July 22 to 26, 2019, in Oxford. Non-residential places cost £1995 plus VAT, with 10pc discount available if booked more than 12 weeks in advance. PerpetuityARC Training can also deliver the course in-house.