- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security Awards
Job titleQuantity Surveyor
Closing date08th December 2021
Summary of the Role:
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Estimating department in this brand new position which will help support the Estimators and Sales team to ensure project costings are accurately captured before quote submittal. The position is critical to the smooth running of the department.
The successful candidate will be able to liaise between the Projects department and the Estimating department to make sure that cost changes, lessons learned, and equipment changes are captured and accounted for.
You will have a strong knowledge of Excel, a good eye for detail and the ability to multitask across multiple projects, interfacing with multiple departments and project teams.
You must be able to use their knowledge to help liaise with other departments to ensure margins are met.
You must be able to interact with different internal stakeholders, external customers, and suppliers to ensure the commercial targets of our business is achieved.
• Work across the business to ensure Senior Management have the correct, coordinated, complete and concise commercial information to support critical decision making
• Identifying areas of cost savings
• A Commercial contact between the Sales, Estimating and Project department
• Tendering supplier and sub-contractor packages to ensure orders are placed to benefit project aims in line with budget requirements
• Negotiation of terms and conditions (legal and commercial) for sub-contractor orders
• Preparation and of subcontracts and associated documentation
• Administration of the RFQ/ITT process, including negotiating and assessing tenders considering cost value, reliability, and risk
• Preparation of appropriate Bills of Quantities/Activity Schedules
• Participate as a highly trusted and involved member of the team
• Previous experience working within a similar role
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Organisation skills
• Ability to understand construction programmes
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Well organised, strong planning skills and prioritising ability
• Good written English
Contact Person Steve Gray, Zitko Consulting
Telephone01480 473245Application details
Application form and job description available