- Security TWENTY
- Women in Security Awards
Job titleEstimator – London
Closing date25th March 2021
SalaryUp to £55,000
Up to £55,000
We are looking for a Technical Design Estimator to join a well-established team in the Security division of this large M&E organisation based in London. If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to join a rapidly growing business, then this could be the opportunity for you.
You will need the ability to understand and provide estimated costs along with design criteria for the following systems:
• Medium to large scale integrated security systems, including IP CCTV, enterprise level access control, IP video intercom systems, intruder - essential
• Structured cabling systems: Cat6A, fibre backbone, blown fibre, telecommunications cabling - desirable
• Active network equipment: Cisco, HP, Meraki WIFI - Desirable
• TV / satellite distribution systems: Global Invacom, Triax - Desirable
• Audio visual systems: AMX, Crestron – Desirable
Responsibilities will include:
• Systems design to client specification for all types of electronic security systems and including the above elements where required.
• Produce estimates conforming to all required industry standards for key company personnel and client’s approval.
• Prepare technical documentation and drawings ensuring compliance with technical specifications.
• Produce report documentation for review by company personnel.
• Attend tender process meetings with clients.
• Produce commercially accurate bids complying with company procedures.
• To collate and estimate high profile high value bids, acting as an interface between the bid company and the client’s technical teams.
• To ensure that documentation submitted for internal review is of the highest quality.
• Develop proposals to clients with regards to PQQs, tenders / partnering bids and presentations.
• To ensure that the business has a clear understanding of the risks, including those associated with terms and conditions of business, pricing and delivery issues.
• Work efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines or when other stress factors arise.
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, AutoCAD competent.
• Financial reporting and analysis.
• Comprehensive technical background.
• Proposals, bid and tender management.
• Presentation skills.
• You should have a strong background in estimating / bid management with the ability to understand client requirements both commercially and technically.
• Have the ability to effectively prioritise bids and advise the business management team of prospective opportunities on ITTs received into the company.
• Have the ability to articulate the features and benefits of the proposition, offering a tailored solution these to client’s needs, aims and objectives.
• Strong organisational skills, good oral communication, negotiating talent, efficient with deadlines, decisive, good problem-solving capabilities, professional, thorough, detail-oriented, ability to process the big-picture Items.
On offer is a good salary plus benefits such as:
BUPA Care available after completion of probational period.
Contact PersonSteve Gray, Zitko Consulting Ltd
Telephone01480 473245Application details
Application form and job description available